5S Productivity (Home Edition) Course
Make Lean Relatable to Everyday Life
In 2017 we launched Lean Smarts with some fun and free lean training videos… starting in our kitchen! You can now learn 5S principles via everyday language and examples.
Get Our YouTube Videos Ad-Free
While these videos are available already on YouTube, you can get access to them ad-free inside the Lean Smarts Academy. Enroll as many people as you want, track your progress, and access other free resources!
Included in this Course
Deliver Training on Your Terms
Introduction to 5S
- Discover the what 5S is and why it works
- Learn the two purposes of 5S
- Acquire a high-level understanding of sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain
- Learn definition of sort
- Understand the problem of clutter in terms of efficiency and abnormality control
- Learn how to red tag effectively
Set in Order (Straighten)
- Discover the next step after sorting: set in order!
- See examples of set in order in action
- Learn the lean saying “a place for everything, and everything in its place”
- Learn the real purpose of shine–it’s more than just cleaning!
- Overview common examples of mess that are subject to shine activities
- Learn to eliminate the sources of mess in the workplace
- Understand the first three S’s of 5S in terms of standardization
- Learn to sustain your efforts by setting expectations and standards for 5S practices
- Realize that standardization is not limited to just cleaning
- Understand the usefulness and time requirements for 5S audits
Introduction to 3S
- Learn the three practices of 3S: sort, sweep, and standardize.
10 Reasons Why 5S Matters
- In this humorous skit, witness ten reasons for why 5S matters so much!
Inspect As You Sweep
- Learn the important practice of inspecting as you sweep, not just cleaning up mess endlessly!
- Learn that sweeping is about finding problems, not just getting clean.
Use Your Brain Not Your Wallet
- Remind yourself that 5S doesn’t have to be expensive! In fact, it’s your creativity that matters more than your ability (or inability) to spend money.
You’ll Never Finish
- Remind yourself that you will never reach the finish line; you’ll never reach perfection! So there is always opportunity to improve.
- When you fail, try again.
Join the Lean Smarts Academy
Access all our courses with your subscription to the Lean Smarts Academy.