Job Relations Crash Course
A leadership crash course for Team Leaders, Supervisors, and Managers
Set Your Leaders Up For Success
Prepare your leaders to succeed by training them with time-tested leadership methodology. This course is inspired by the proven methods of TWI Job Relations developed in WWII. No other leadership methodology can so easily claim “winning a war.” Help your leaders succeed with Job Relations Crash Course and win your war against waste!
Increase Results Through People
The critical characteristic of a leader is that he or she gets results through others (versus his or her individual production output). By training leaders who actually lead, you will maximize the results you achieve through every team member at your organization.
Create a Solid People Foundation for Lean
Many companies struggle to “go lean” simply because they lack the frontline leadership capacity necessary to lead team members, engage in problem-solving, and practice continuous improvement / kaizen. Use this course to create a solid leadership foundation to succeed longterm with lean.
Included in this Course
Deliver Training on Your Terms
Introduction to TWI Job Relations
- Realize that Training Within Industries guidance on Job Relations provides a simple, proven, and effective way to develop production floor leaders.
- Become introduced to a brief history of TWI programs: Job Methods, Job Instruction, and Job Relations.
- Learn the five needs of a leader/supervisor.
What Does A Leader Do?
Answer: Get Results Through People
- Realize that effective leadership can be practiced and learned.
- Define basic leadership terms and answer the questions: “What is good leadership?” “What is a leader?” and “What does a leader do?”
- Clarify that a leader has a responsibility to achieve results through people and that there is a necessary shift in thinking and behavior to excel in the role.
- Understand that leading people requires different skills than simply doing work. (How odd would it be if the coach wasn’t coaching and was instead playing the game?)
How Does A Leader Get Results? (Part 1)
Answer: by relating to people well.
- Learn the four foundational principles for establishing good relationships with team members.
- Principle #1: Let each worker know how he is getting along.
- Principle #2: Give credit when due.
- Principle #3: Tell people in advance about changes that will affect them.
- Principle #4: Make best use of each person’s ability.
- Realize that each person must be treated individually when it comes to applying the four principles.
How Does A Leader Get Results? (Part 2)
Answer: by dealing with problems effectively.
- Learn the real purpose of shine–it’s more than just cleaning!
- Overview common examples of mess that are subject to shine activities
- Learn to eliminate the sources of mess in the workplace
Join the Lean Smarts Academy
Access all our courses with your subscription to the Lean Smarts Academy.