Welcome to the inaugural episode of the Lean Smarts Podcast! I’m your host Daniel Crawford and this is the show where I share simple and actionable lean tips and advice for starting, expanding, and leading a lean life, and a lean organization. In this first episode I’m going to introduce you to lean manufacturing by answering seven questions:
- What is lean and who is it for?
- What is the origin and history of lean?
- What is the goal of lean?
- What are some common lean tools?
- How does someone get started with Lean?
- What factors are necessary to be successful with lean?
- How do I learn more about Lean?
I will be naming resources and making references throughout the cast, but you can always check out the show notes online for easy access to them. Just go to leansmarts.com/001 to find this episode’s notes. [Read more…] about 001 – What is Lean Manufacturing?