Xylem Design has been practicing “2 Second Lean” since December 2012, making them one of the earliest adopters of Paul Akers’ lean model. With Xylem’s 5+ years of experience practicing 2SL, this webinar represents a wealth of information and documents many of Xylem’s successes and challenges becoming lean.
We visited the company in March 2018 and witnessed their lean operating system and culture first-hand, recording multiple hours of video. You can now view our experiences through our recorded webinar, including live Q&A with Greg Glebe, CEO of Xylem Design.
Experience 2 Second Lean through Xylem Design
This is no ordinary webinar! We’ll take you on a video-journey of a day spent at Xylem. Aside from going there in person, this may be the closest thing to witnessing 2 Second Lean up close and personal at a seasoned organization.
What you’ll find inside the webinar:
- A virtual tour of a day at Xylem Design
- A gemba walk with Greg
- An overview of Xylem’s operating system & culture
- Employee interviews and impressions of Xylem’s lean journey
- Some of Greg’s greatest successes and challenges with 2SL
- Inspiring stories from Xylem’s first year doing 2SL
- Recorded live Q&A with Greg
Some of the questions answered in this webinar:
- “Is 2 Second Lean the complete package, or does it require other lean tools?”
- “How did Xylem start it’s lean journey?”
- “What specific practices does Greg do to engage employees everyday?”
- “How did Xylem introduce the lean bathroom?”
- “How much does leadership have to monitor employees’ improvements?”
- “What does Greg look for when hiring new people?”
- “What were Greg’s greatest challenges becoming lean?”